Certificate Programs - Learning Experience Design (LED) is partnering with Networked Learning Inititiaves (NLI) to offer workshops and sessions connected with teaching and learning allowing faculty to achieve certification in the following areas:
- Mastery of Online Learning
- Mastery of Blended Learning
- Mastery of Networked Classroom Learning
- Mastery of Technology-enhance Classroom Learning
- Mastery of Game-Based Learning and Gamification
This allows faculty to achieve the mastery certification desired for professional advancement, adherence to policies, program and department initiatives and governing agency requirements.
LED is participating in cooperation with NLI, OAE, DDI and CIDER to participate in the Certificate Program for Pathways workshops, provide consultation, templates, job aids, access to modules, etc. to guide those faculty integrating Pathways modules or developing new courses approved for Pathways curriculum. This is to assist faculty to integrate modules meeting Pathways requirements or developing new courses to be included in Pathways curriculum.
To register for the certificate programs go to:
Online Course Quality Assurance Review - These options are offered to faculty who have already earned a mastery certification for online learning and have completed at least one online course quality assurance review. These options consist of up to four consultations for diagnostic review of current course components, recommendation for revision and guidance on the submission process. All submissions are due by end of semester and quality assurance review is conducted with those associated with cohorts and working groups. Faculty participating are required to secure one Virginia Tech faculty from within their program or discipline to serve as reviewer. Two other reviewers from LED will also participate to satisfy review requirements. This will assure quality in online learning as per Distance Education Policy and nc-SARA agreements. To promote meeting of standards and requirements for other governing agencies and to satisfy SACS review.
- Individual - Faculty working independently to obtain quality assurance review for their online course. Faculty are encouraged to join groups or program approaches whenever possible.
- Group - Faculty working group from within a particular discipline or department working together to obtain a quality assurance review for their online courses.
- Program - All faculty within an online program for certificate or degree working together to obtain a quality assurance review for all courses.
- NLI Summer Session (NEW) - This session is designed as three half-day sessions for diagnostics, consultation for revision and submission/review process training.